Please read this information carefully and follow all
instructions. This will help to assure that your surgery
will not be postponed or canceled.
- You will be contacted by a nurse who will ask you
questions regarding your medical history and
confirm any necessary medical tests required.
- It is very important that you arrive at Lake Tahoe
Surgery Center at the time indicated.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight
unless the staff instructs you differently.
- You should bathe or shower with an antimicrobial soap (or use the bathing kit provided by your physician's office), and brush your teeth
without swallowing the water the morning of
- A responsible adult must accompany you to the
facility and be present when you are ready to
leave. We suggest one person per adult patient,
and we welcome both parents of pediatric
patients. Parents are required to remain on site
during the procedure.
- Please remove all make-up.
- Jewelry should be left at home. If you wear
contact lenses, please bring a case for
- We suggest that you wear loose, casual clothing. A patient gown will be provided. If you prefer,
you may bring a robe and slippers to wear home.
Note: If you experience any changes in your health between the time you last saw your physician and the date of your scheduled procedure, please notify your physician. This would include a cold, cough or fever.